Flu Schmoo Two
By Elizabeth Szlek
For The Rome Observer, August 30, 2010
I’ve got two words for you: Swine Flu. Remember last year around this time? The fear-mongering was ramped up to overdrive, and all you heard about was Swine Flu. Those poor porcines took a real beating! Then, of course, we had to retrain ourselves to call it H1N1, which sounded much more clinical and possibly, scarier. After all, some of us (me) are quite fond of pigs. H1N1, a bug, I guess, not so much.
After much research into the matter, I decided that the whole thing was a big bunch of baloney. I wrote an article entitled “Flu Schmoo”, which got me booted off one of the papers I wrote for. It seems that I was the one who was spreading faulty and possibly dangerous information to the public. Hmmm. How did all that work out?
Well, it seems that the Swine Flu (I’ll stick to that name) “pandemic” was a bust. The disease which was to kill millions was declared officially over by the World Health Organization (WHO) on August ninth of this year. So, it’s over, done with, and we can all go on our merry ways.
But Wait, There’s More!
Some bad news: In the Southern Hemisphere, Australia has already gone into flu season, and they are reporting lots of adverse flu vaccine reactions in children under the age of five. They have reported many instances of convulsions, high fever and other serious effects following administration of the 2010 flu vaccine. Americans can expect the same reactions from the vaccine, and here is the kicker: This years flu vaccine contains the H1N1 vaccine! In other words, it has been incorporated into the vaccine, and our medical experts at the CDC have recommended that all Americans over the age of six months be vaccinated – no exceptions! Now, if negative responses in young children have already been noted, and even more serious problems, such as Guillian-Barre Syndrome, and a peculiar blood autoimmune disease have been reported in adult vaccine recipients, just how confident are we that this year’s vaccine will be safe for every single American?
We know that some people have predispositions to allergenic or other reactions to various vaccines, and that many people are highly susceptible to brain and cell damage from some of the ingredients added to vaccines, such as thimerosal, aluminum, or squalene. How can our government recommend universal vaccination of a little tested product? Even pregnant women are being implored to vaccinate themselves. Studies were to have been conducted on pregnant women who were administered last year’s Swine Flu vaccine, and then watched for seven months. But guess what? The results, good or bad, of this study have yet to surface.
We Didn’t Buy the Hype
Even though our medical establishment did its darndest to promote the Swine Flu vaccine through fear-mongering last fall, only 90 million Americans fell for it. That means only about 30% of us were vaccinated as recommended. Because the Swine Flu turned out to be a big bust, record taking was intentionally fudged to bump up the number of “cases”. As you all know, statistics can be made to say anything you want them to say, so what happened was, the powers-that-be told medical personnel to stop testing for the presence of H1N1, and just lump everyone who looked even vaguely fluish into the category of H1N1 sufferers. And even then, the numbers were a big yawn.
While most of us skipped the shots, there is another disturbing trend on the horizon. Pay attention to this: I remember last year some nurse friends of mine were in jeopardy of losing their jobs when they refused to get the Swine Flu vaccine. Eventually, reason prevailed, and NY State said they didn’t have to get it to keep their jobs, but here is the ominous part. This time around, and for all the future years, there are measures in waiting to coerce compliance with the “recommendation” to get a yearly flu shot. Here are some of the “inducements” coming down the pike: First, you will not be able to be educated in a regular school or college if you don’t get the vaccine. No more elementary school, high school, or college if you don’t comply. After that, other activities will be off limits to you unvaccinated ones. Consider this: You, an American citizen, may be barred from getting a driver’s license, from getting on a plane, or even holding a job if you refuse to get the recommended vaccines. We live in the Land of the Free?
What about my freedom to choose my own medical treatment? I personally, have only had one bout of what looked like the flu, decades ago. I never get flu shots, and I don’t get the flu. Why would I want to start getting shots now? Well, I wouldn’t. Immunity and resistance to germs comes from being in a state of strength, pursuing a diet regimen that promotes immunity, and from living a relatively stress-free life. No vaccine can give you those protections, especially when the vaccines themselves are loaded with toxins and sometimes, as with the recent pig rotavirus contamination, deadly germs.
To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate
I am not a medical Luddite. I have been saved from many infections by the judicious use of antibiotics. Other minor conditions have been helped by other drugs. However, when someone tells me I HAVE to get a vaccine that could harm me, I get worried. I was training to be a Hospice worker and was going along swimmingly until they told me I had to get a hepatitis vaccine in order to work for them as a volunteer. They also mentioned that I might get arthritis if I did so, a not uncommon side effect. That did it for me: Ciao! No hepatitis vaccine for me!
However, you may think you want to be vaccinated. Great! Go right ahead! But, if you do the research, it becomes clear that, for example, the elderly do not benefit from flu vaccines. Why expose them to danger for no reason? Why take a chance with pregnant women and their fetuses if the vaccine has not been thoroughly tested? Why give it to small children who run the risk of convulsions or high fever? Why give it to compromised individuals who might react to the toxins or germs in the vaccine? Why?
Answer? Dead silence………
Elizabeth Szlek is the Director of The Door Counseling Center of Utica. Questions and comments can be directed to her at (315) 768-8900 or at info@thedoorcounseling.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment